Liability Release Form
Please read before signing
In consideration of being allowed to participate in any way in the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse athletic, sports, and education program, and related events and activities, the undersigned agrees to the following:
1. Participant: Prior to participating, I will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if I believe anything is unsafe, I will immediately advise a coach, instructor, supervisor, or other event organizer of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
2. Parent/Guardian: As the parent or legal guardian of the participant, I will instruct the minor participant that prior to participating we will inspect the facilities and equipment to be used, and if I or the participant believes that anything is unsafe, I will immediately advise a coach, instructor, supervisor, or other event organizer of such condition(s) and refuse to participate.
3. I acknowledge and fully understand that I will be engaging in activities that involve risk of damage to personal property or serious injury, including permanent disability and death, and severe social and economic losses which might result not only from my own actions or negligence, but the actions or negligence of others, the rules of play, the conditions of the premises, or any equipment used. Further, I understand that there may be other risks not known or not reasonably foreseeable at this time.
4. I assume all of the foregoing risks and accept personal responsibility for all expenses, medical or otherwise, following any such damages, injury, permanent disability, or death to me or the minor participant.
5. I release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse, the Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy, the Brooklyn Bridge Park Corporation d/b/a ("doing business as") the Brooklyn Bridge Park, the Empire State Development Corporation, the Brooklyn Bridge Park Development Corporation, the State of New York, the City of New York, the New York City Department of Parks and Recreation, and their respective commissioners, directors, officers, employees, agents, successors, and assigns, all of which are hereinafter referred to as "Releasees," from any and all liability to me or the minor participant, my or his or her heirs or next-of-kin, or any other person, from any and all claims, demands, losses, or damages, including death or damage to property which, in whole or in part, arise from, relate to, or are alleged to arise from or relate to the Brooklyn Bridge Park Boathouse athletics, sports, or education programs, any and all related events and activities in which the participant is participating, or the facilities or equipment used by the participant or by others, or are caused or alleged to be caused in a whole or part by the negligence of the Releasees or otherwise, and we covenant not to sue the releases with respect thereto.
5. This waiver may not be modified in any way. If any part of this waiver is determined to be invalid by law, all other parts of this waiver shall remain valid and enforceable.